Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

...... and thus completes the annual cycle.
The Wee Guy's birthday and Mother's Day are so bound up in my memory.
not doing so well
Due to my own strange complications around labour etc. we stayed in hospital much longer than normal. In hindsight this was a Good Thing. By day 4 the Wee Guy was not doing so well - the medics thought one thing but I had my own worries which, unfortunately, I wasn't able to get across to someone who would listen.
1st week May 03 SCN
Eventually, as always (!), the Wee Guy took matters into his own hands and had a massive seizure in front of our 'good' nurse.
As a result, we initially left hospital without our baby and 'commuted' as parents.
my 2003 Mother's Day present
But for our Mother's Day present I got to bring home the best gift in the world!
:)

... and thus endeth the annual cycle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to leave the hospital without my baby, too. For the best, but still hard. I always pause a little bit on my own daughter's coming home date. Such a big day, really.

Happy Mother's Day!

pomomama said...

It was the worst feeling in the world, getting into the car and driving away from the hospital with an unfilled baby seat strapped in the back. We are so lucky that our baby did eventually come home with us. Some parents don't fill that empty seat.
Yes, the anniversary of 'coming home day' is very poignant.
Happy Mother's Day

Living Life as a Mom said...

I had to leave my daughter at the hospital for 23 days. It was really hard all the back and forth but you do what you have to do. We got to bring our daughter home the day before Mother's day in 2005 it was the best MOther's day goft after all the waiting to bring her home!

pomomama said...

The back and forth was excruciating - the hospital was v close to us so the commutes in weren't too long but it was very odd popping in the car to go feed baby. It sounds humorous now but at the time it was so sad.

23 days is a long time - I think our wee guy's stay was extended by only a couple of weeks. What a wonderful Mother's Day present for you too though - I hope all is well now.
Happy Mother's Day :)

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!