Friday, May 21, 2010

friday forte: the 'so darn proud of myself' post


items featured in the Blackberry Artist's cooperative gift shop during May

This is the 'blowing my own trumpet' edition of friday forte cos everyone needs a little pride in themselves once in a while.


Achievements (in no particular order);
  • successfully took a week off work ;)
  • solo trip to my first blogging conference (and I even spoke to people!)
  • successful and enjoyable family day out
  • Mother's Day and there were no tears (well, a few from me at gift giving)
  • my husband understood what I was talking about/getting upset over (big thing this one)
  • featured artist at my local artist cooperative (see above)
  • have blogged every weekday in May so far on my other blog and scheduled enough posts to cover May in the other blog
  • didn't have a melt down at yet another failure in childcare arrangements :(
  • had a date with myself
  • Wee Guy lost one of his troublesome teeth (with my help) (hopefully avoiding a trip to the dentist)
  • shoes!
  • spinach, sunflower and kale seedlings coming up!!!!
  • had lunch with a couple of friends; totally unexpected, spontaneous and great fun - new playdate planned as a result
Definitely an odd assortment but it's been a calm and pleasant week for a change. Apart from what turned out to be a minor blip (major blip smoothed over by husband) I'm wondering if this is what normal life is actually like? B - you may be onto something .......


forte!


    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Those sound like some pretty significant accomplishments. Go, PoMo Mama!

    pomomama said...

    I am a. so darned proud of my accomplishments and b. so darn remembering my mother's little ditty "pride cometh before destruction" ...

    I assume normal programming on my blog will be returning next week :(

    Bex said...

    Well done you! You are quite right to be proud of yourself, those are all major biggies!

    And as for normality, it's definitely a good place to be - even if the up's are a little less dramatic, the down's are decidedly more bearable.

    And that's the other thing about normal, it has bad days as well as good, and my learning has been to recognise that and just roll with them.

    Keep on keeping on, big sis - you're a star xxxx

    pomomama said...

    My head is definitely swollen with pride (see Saturday's migraine for details!).
    I'm glad you've hit 'normal' lil' sis too.
    xxx

    harriet glynn said...

    What a great idea. Just list your accomplishments for the week! Amazing what actually happens a mere 7 days.

    pomomama said...

    i think it's my workshop on thinking positively which has rubbed off on me at last (and since list making is easy for me, it was an easy blog post to prep!)

    Post a Comment

    ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!