Thursday, April 01, 2010

withdrawing ...

Right now I'm trying to talk myself up to take a next step, which means that I've withdrawn from the world (again).
When I'm feeling down I revert to being a hermit, drawing my horns in like a snail and retreating into my shell away from life. I have nothing to offer so I absent myself from all that is going on around, standing outside looking in.
However, I do need remain somewhat functional - a little hand has just pinned a "spank me" notice to my back reminding me that I cannot excuse myself from the day-to-day completely. :)

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies 5
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
Could twist the sinews of thy heart? 10
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? What dread grasp 15
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile His work to see?
Did He who made the lamb make thee? 20

Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Tiger, William Blake 1757-1827

3 comments:

Bex said...

Sorry you're feeling down big sis. Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're feeling down. I hope that you find your way back into things again soon.

pomomama said...

Thank you, both of you. Funnily enough, though I haven't got anything resolved today at all my little tiger and I had a great time in each other's company (anyway at least until The Evening Meal Ritual). We ran some errands, had a lovely lunch together and spent some time at the open gym this afternoon. I even managed to do some crafting :))
Often the first step is admitting that things are on a downer - once I stop avoiding the issue the "upper" seems to come faster. I need to turn the volume down on the inner voice!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!