Thursday, March 04, 2010

Make It March: the guinea pig edition

not coming out of her contraceptive igloo
the contraceptive igloo in use

I can now officially confirm that spring is with us.
Over on my other blog, I'm running a series of posts thru March with the theme "Make It March" which is meant to encourage me to be creative and make some carp. So far I've tackled my website (which is now the aforementioned blog thanks to Blogger adding static pages into the mix) and gone thru the agony of photographing, describing and listing some more jewelry in my Etsy shop.

up close and personal
the noisy antics soon draw a crowd of perverts interested bystanders

Thanks to mild weather and increasing daylight, the guinea pigs thought they would make their contribution to Make It (Out) March too. She (Becca) came into oestrus, and he (Gullible) spent yesterday shagging (NB: link poss NSFW!) her senseless. It all involved a lot of chasing around the cage and squeaking noisily in an aggrieved manner.
That is, until she discovered the power of the contraceptive igloo! and re-discovered the mathematical perfection that states two into one will not go.


aggrieved and not getting his marital rites
impossible to hump, inside or outside


Gullible likewise made a discovery. There is not enough room in a pigloo in which to swing into action.
Contrary to last year, he's now the one wearing the look of disappointment!

6 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Sounds like you will have little Gullibles and Beccas running around soon! How funny!

pomomama said...

Yes, it would be lovely to have a herd of little ones running around in a couple of months but luckily Gullible was castrated before I got him.
Last year's shag fest was a bit worrying as it was their first under this roof and I did wonder whether the former owners had been truthful with his medical history.
So even without his balls good old Gullie still knows what to do!

Anonymous said...

It surprises me that a neutered guinea pig would still be so amorous. Not that I know the first thing about guinea pigs, but still.

I must say, I love the contraceptive igloo. You'll have to explain to Gullible that a little more wooing may be in order if he wants her to come out.

pomomama said...

It surprised the heck out of me last year too! but I guess since he and mrs pig had a litter the year before that, he still remembers what to do when he needs to do it. She, on the other hand, looks as if she'd rather forget the whole thing! We didn't have the contraceptive pigloo last year so she was virtually humped into the ground with his constant attention, poor girl!
Part of me is kind of sad at not having little baby pigs imminent - they are born after about 65 days gestation (compared with half that for rabbits and mice). When they are born they are fully formed, with hair and capable of eating solid food within 24 hours. I believe their giant relatives, the capybara, are similar.

(Yes, I'd love a capybara or two running round the place!)

PS: He hasn't a clue about wooing his missus, it's all 'wham bam thank you ma'am' for him

msbelle said...

LOL!!

pomomama said...

The guinea pigs are incredible amusement value. They live in a floor cage on the main level of the house so they are a big part of day-to-day life.
Unfortunately all the frenetic activity stopped mrs pig from eating and she's lost a bit of weight. I'm now tempting her to eat with succulent greens and all her faves.

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!