Friday, April 10, 2009

the mild panic of not enough personal time

it's window ledge time


I've got a house guest right now (it's the delightful honeybeedz from etsy, aka my lil' sis) which means life is chock full of being a hostess. As many of you will know, having a guest in the house means extra work and less time to spend on personal time but in this case I've been more than adequately compensated! On Tuesday we spent an excellent afternoon snowshoeing in brilliant sunshine round Hollyburn, and then had a whole day (blimey) downhilling together (her on skis, me on my Burton Factory Prime) on Wednesday. Wheee! (thanks Aunty B!).


.... and I haven't been missing out on crafting either since she's been crocheting like mad following a yarn re-fuelling trip to Black Sheep Yarns!


midnight flot bead


I've put together a package for jurying at a local arts   boutique, I've been invited to consider teaching another wire crochet class and I finished off a load of wire and fibre promos for the Got Craft? fair taking place on Sunday, May 3rd (soon, yikes!)


 


 


 


 


brass and glass ring
I've also been packing in some wee crafting projects. Yes, there are some new fuzzy balls on the go. The latest is a much simpler version of the choker necklaces I made in March - just a few wire beads on a steel cable choker. ...... and I've had the time to play with a new design - a brass and glass fidget ring with a copper rivet. Still needs some polishing but I'm quietly pleased with the result so far!








3 comments:

Parallax said...

I really like the design and the contrast of the metals on that ring.


And enjoy your visit with your sister!

pomomama said...

Thank you Parallax. I enjoy mixing things up (hence wire, metal, fibre) and since buying some sheet brass I'm having some fun with my metals too. I usually use the less expensive metals to hammer out a design first but I do love the results and often continue with the base metals.

Beth - IndieNorth said...

What gorgeous work and fabulous pictures!!

Every blog I visit today is talking about Got Craft.

I'm absolutely green with jealousy.

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!