Saturday, March 21, 2009

the cluttered chaos of zero personal time

no idea where anything is these daysI'm not that great with spring break. My desk has become a sort of dumping ground. I really hate the way that being short of personal time robs me of any sort of routine or plan or efficiency. When I have no idea how long an amusement might keep The Wee Guy occupied I find it very difficult to settle into any kind of project - I hate being torn away from something when I'm fully into the moment of it, indeed I have even been known to bite heads off at the slightest interruption.

What I should have done is pre-empted the time scarcity of Spring Break and organised a few projects to make the most of varying lengths of time. I have in fact had a whopping 2 hours each afternoon while clay class was in full swing, but since all I could do was sit internetting in Starbucks I must admit that I squandered the time somewhat. I did get some www searches sorted (my Renaissance Wax should arrive soon and I've found a number of piano books on ebay!) and sourced a cheaper supply of contact lenses, but otherwise my crafty fingers are twitching. I hate not being productive. For me, life is too short to be unproductive. I have a craft fair coming up, my sister arrives at easter and a new supply of fuzzy balls need to be strung. bead soup - forget me notIf I had been wise, I could have made some more wire beads in spare 10 minute slots or finished a few more rows of crochet on a ribbon scarf. I could have sorted a bead soup or strung them on wire for some new cuffs in 20 minutes and with a luxurious 30 minutes finished some trickier bits of shaping on a knit pattern.fine silver balls

.... but I didn't because at the back of my mind the tax deadline for online filing is looming and my desk is too messy to work at! Although i am a firm believer in a clean desk representing an empty mind i think the current state of chaos is taking it just too far.

..... must instill some order into the chaos and increase productivity!(wish me luck)

PS: readymade wire crochet kits available in my artfire shop here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda, you take the words right out of my mouth! I see how your spring break is going and as we tweeted...mine is going the same. Desperately want to be productive and create, but lately have been spending my available time trying to get my blog to 3 columns....will that do me any good? ???? I should give you a glimpse of my work space...soon..
feel to guilty doing my stuff when it is spring break...at the same time hard to compete with xbox...lol
Did I mention that hubby is around all day this week too.....

pomomama said...

It's amazing how an interruption in creating time makes me feel twitchy. Families, bless them, do get in the way sometimes - I now understand the grim expression fixed to my mother's face at the start of the long summer break each year!!

... and I laughed at your last sentence! mr ebb being at home on holiday is one of my nightmares.

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!