Wednesday, September 24, 2008

end of summer =


not quite there yet, originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama.

... the start of evening classes! I'm taking the Intermediate Jewellery Making class our local adult education department, mainly for the open studio access but also because the teacher is excellent. The atmosphere is very supportive with everyone chipping in ideas, instruction and hints for individual projects.

So this is my project for the week. I've soldered a pair of bezels for the gorgeous fused glass cabs I bought from Dee and attached them to two copper teardrops. I'm still not sure if I will cut away the backs to let the light thru or just shine up the copper to glow thru the glass (looks good though I must admit).

Once the metal plates are prettied up and the cabs fitted they will hang as earrings from square copper posts (sterling posts) similar to these
reflections part 1

Just right for my Fall collection of jewelry.

PS: I listed some more fine silver wire crochet pieces on icraft and there'll be more to come if you're not a copper fan!

1 comment:

Rose the Shopper Girl said...

Hi there,

Just found your blog from the expat newsletter. Find it interesting as I used to live in Vancouver and have done all sorts of crafty stuff.

As a matter of fact, I got a job in Britain organising and selling crafts through an adult education centre. Was made redundant from that last year and now they want me to do the same job as my own business within their premises. How cool (and ironic!) is that?

Anyway, nice to hear what's going on in Vancouver. I took evening classes in jewellery too, at one stage. Also drawing and pottery and pretty well anything else you can think of! Not enough talent, that's my problem.

Anyway, you can have a look at my blog too if you like. It's ShopperGirlFashionShopping.blogspot.com.

Tootle-loo,
Rose the Shopper

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!