Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my beloved Griz


my beloved Griz
Originally uploaded by ebbandflo_pomomama
She's an odd cat, not very good at arranging herself gracefully at all, but full of her own brand of love.
She's not a demanding animal but will seek you out during the day on her own terms.
She loves The Wee Guy, even though he deosn't play fair with her. She's been my close companion on days when I can hardly move due to the vertigo and has firmly anchored me to the sofa under my woollen throw.
She's a rescue cat and somehow they always seem just little more grateful - Griz, it's a two-way street. We're glad we found you too.

2 comments:

Martha Hughes said...

There something comforting about the company of our beloved cats (and for me, my dog). Both of our cats (and our dog) were adopted from the animal shelter - we couldn't have found better animals. While I'm sad that their former owners had to find them new homes - I'm happy that they're part of my life. They absolutely fabulous and I couldn't imagine not having them in my life.

pomomama said...

Griz's previous owner gave the reason for giving her up as "she's too aloof!"

I am glad though otherwise our home wouldn't be blessed by such a sweet feline presence.

My previous cat was rescued right as the rest of his litter were being drowned. My dog was left for me to euthanase one night at work (i'm an ex-veterinary surgeon) - I looked at him and couldn't see why his owners would wish that on him and took him home on a week's trial. He stayed for almost 15 years and was great friends with the cat. They were similar colouring and we used to refer to them as brothers!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!