Monday, August 20, 2007

best birdie fishes to me ......

..... and for my birthday I got a silversmithing course (thanks to DH for paying for it and to Ma for buying the tools)!

I spent the weekend up to my armpits in solder and silver filings at Mountain Gems in Burnaby, under the watchful eye of Cori, our amazing and inspiring teacher for the 10 hours of the class (plus the extra panic time for extended pickling on Saturday evening and finishing the projects on Sunday evening - most appreciated and thankyou).

.... and the above is the result, a funky and chunky ring (for my funky and chunky fingers) and a funky pendant, both showcasing some of my favourite pieces of glass. The cab in the ring is from the amazing Dee and the cab in the pendant from Michelle. Unfortunately I ran out of time to em-bezel a truly amazing cab from Lis but I have plans ........

In summary, definitely a birthday well spent!

1 comment:

msbelle said...

Wow! I think they're great for your first attempts! Well done! Here's to more great metalsmithing from you in the future!!!

Post a Comment

ebb and flo by pomo mama design click to shop pomo mama design online!